Starry, Starry Night Craft for Children
This is a fun craft for all ages. Recreate Vincent Van Gogh’s famous painting Starry, Starry Night by swirling washable paint around an aluminium foil surface with a Q-tip.
- cardboard or card
- aluminium foil
- washable paint (white, yellow, dark blue, light blue)
- Cover a piece of card with aluminium foil and tape it down in the back.
- Put out all of the colours of paint with a Q-tip in each colour.
- Have fun swirling and sliding the paint along the foil surface a la Van Gogh.
- My four-year-old decided to press another foil-covered cardboard piece on top of his painting to make two prints. This looked nice as well (almost like a Monet Impressionist piece).
- *Remember to let your children follow their ideas however much they deviate from the original. I like to have a go myself so I can create my own piece that really looks like Van Gogh. It is interesting to see what my children come up with when I give them the art materials and the idea. It is never what I expect and I guess this is the point of the activity.